WEA provides trainings for educators, parents and advocacy/service organizations. More than 30 special education classes will be offered at three locations across the state during this year’s Summer Learning Institutes.
Top 10 Reasons to Attend:
9. Electronic Materials: training materials and resources will be available via USB thumb drives or downloadable.
8. Food: morning refreshments, beverages and lunch are included.
6. Engagement: past surveys showed participants prefer to mingle while learning, and this is a prime opportunity.
5. Teaching and Learning: from rethinking STEM and computer science gamification, next gen science standards to special education for general educators, this pathway offers a mix of core competencies and the latest in teaching strategies.
4. Culturally Responsive Strategies and ELL: discover culturally responsive strategies for classroom communities, managements, interactions, plus behavior intervention and ELL, culture/equity.
3. Special Education: learn about teaming, effective instruction and standards,behavior intervention and pre-crisis de-escalation, Section 504 and the law, autism in the classroom and more.
2. National Board Jump Start: understand the certification process, assessment requirements and renewal process.
1. FREE Clock Hours: that’s right, FREE Clock, TPEP and STEM Hours for WEA members only.
Sign up today and meet new people, engage with instructors, and learn the latest in new teaching strategies, the law and technology. Whether you’re a general educator or in a specialized field, the WEA Summer Learning Institutes offer a wide variety of classes to meet your needs.
For more information contact:
Sheila Beaver about Teaching and Learning.
Arlyn Palomo about National Board courses.
Melissa Marsh about Special Education classes.
Yvonne O’Neill about Culturally Responsive Strategies and ELL classes.