The theme of the 2019 WASA Fall Conference “Promoting Positive Student Engagement: Moving Beyond the Law” will feature presenter Dr. Rosemarie Allen. Registration is now open.
Every school district in Washington State is required to have policies in place that describe which student behaviors are and are not acceptable and are consistent with state laws. As educators, you are called upon to develop and implement practices that ensure students are given opportunities to achieve personal and academic success.
WASA’s Fall Conference will provide:
- Presentations by keynote speaker Dr. Rosemarie Allen.
- An update on the legal aspects and implications of the Student Discipline law.
- A panel of representatives from OSPI and several education associations to address available assistance.
- Time for attendees to meet in job-alike groups to address common issues.
- Time for building and/or district teams to plan collaboratively.
Target Audience: District and building administrators (Team participation is encouraged).
- Breakfast, lunch
- WA State Approved Clock Hours
Register by September 27, to receive the discounted rate: (WASA Active/Associate Member, $250; WASA Intern/Life Member, $125; Non-members, $275) Register here.