Resources for Paraeducators:
- Paraeducator Certification
- Staffing Requirements/Qualifications Paras & Teachers includes information on Parent Notification and Paraeducator Substitutes
- National Resource Center for Paraeducators provides resources and supports for Paraeducators.
- Paraeducator Core Competencies and training opportunities.
- OSPI Special Education Technical Assistance Paper No. 6 provides a general overview of special education requirements related to the district use of paraeducators to support the provision of specially designed instruction (SDI) on a student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP).