course #2219, 6 clock hours
Participants in this course will have the opportunity to collaboratively use data to determine instructional decisions for students as well as develop and implement an academic/behavioral data collection system. The focus will be shifted to a more holistic approach for assessment and data collection using high leverage practices. Participants will learn how to use a strengths based mindset as part of equity and inclusionary practices while using technology to streamline data collection and create efficient practices. Participants will need to bring a laptop or Chromebook to this session.
- Understand the importance of formative assessments/progress monitoring and the collection of data to improve student learning (behavioral and academic).
- Determine the specific student need so that the correct type of data can be collected.
- Select appropriate methods for monitoring progress (behavioral and academic)
- Establish an efficient and organized classroom data collection system
- Know how to analyze collected data and make educational decisions based on their data.