Course #2206, 6 clock hours
This course is designed to look at defining and implementing Evidence Based Practices for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder(ASD) across multiple settings. It will include some review of how ASD is defined and diagnosed. The course will cover the following evidence-based practices and strategies: Visual Supports, Antecedent-based Interventions, Discrete Trial Teaching, Prompting, Social stories, and Self-Management.
– Know 3-5 relevant facts about autism
– See the legal definition of autism-IDEA
– See the criteria for diagnosing autism-DSM-V
– List 3 characteristics of autism-DSM-V
– Identify and understand four Evidence-Based Practices for working with students with autism.
– Gain access to resources