Course #2207, 6 clock hours.
An introductory course defining autism and characteristics of autism. This presentation also introduces teaching strategies, on an introductory level, that can be implemented in a General Education classroom as well as special education classroom.
– Find out what we know about autism
– Present statistics about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
– Review the Washington Administrative Code (WAC) definition of autism Review the Diagnosis of autism
– Know two strategies/Interventions
– Gain resources for reference