The Handbook is one of the most frequently accessed resources on the WEA Special Education Support Center website…
WEA’s Special Education Support Center (SESC), with funding from OSPI, developed a handbook for parents and educators designed to make the Rules for the Provision of Special Education more accessible to parents and school professionals.
The Handbook is organized in six parts:
- Part I contains explanations and definitions of basic terms.
- Part II covers the evaluation process.
- Part III explains the IEP process.
- Part IV addresses behavior and positive behavior interventions.
- Part V discusses problem-solving and ways to address disputes.
- Part VI is a glossary of terms.
The Handbook can be viewed and downloaded from the SESC website. https://specialeducationsupportcenter.org/Special_Education_Manual.pdf
Comments and questions may be addressed to Moly Baasch, WEA Special Populations/Programs Coordinator, by email, or by phone (253-765-7066).