These web-mediated experiences are designed to deepen and extend the learning from the face-to-face training sessions. Using a three step process:
- explore information, procedures, and skills related to the topic;
- practice by applying the new understandings to school and classroom; and
- reflect on the impact for students and share lessons learned with your virtual colleagues.
The WEA Extensions are facilitated by members of the WEA Special Ed Cadre. This year’s offerings included:
- Special Ed Law – Nov 2-23, 2015.
- IEP Elementary – Jan 26 – Feb 9, 2016
- IEP w/ Transition – Jan 26 – Feb 9, 2016
- Behavior Interventions – April 1 – May 18, 2016
- The Puzzle of Autism – May 20 – June 17, 2016
- IEP & the Common Core (maybe)